1788 Lounge Chair
The 1788 Lounge Chair, designed by Hans J. Wegner, provides a comfortable seat and a beautiful profile that reveals his sculptural talents. Completely bare from every angle, the 1788 Lounge Chair displays its thoughtful wooden construction. The chair's cushions are attached using visible straps to showcase its interchangeability.
Seat Height: 17.1"
- Sunniva: 58% wool, 25% viscose, 8% linen, 5% polyamide, 4% polyester
- Remix: 90% wool, 10% polyamide
- Hallingdal: 70% wool, 30% viscose
- Black 88 Leather: classic full-grain semi-aniline leather with made from the best Scandinavian bull hides
- Mohair:100% mohair (pile), 100% cotton (base)
Made in Denmark.
Shipping: Estimated lead time of 18–22 weeks.
Børge Mogensen and Hans J. Wegner first exhibited thier living room concept at "A Home for the Future" in 1945. Their designs presented a new vision for lightweight and functional furniture, with the Spoke-Back Sofa and 1788 Lounge Chair acclaimed for their innovation.