Fredericia's Spoke-Back Sofa and accompanying 1788 Lounge Chair were originally unveiled in 1945 as the centerpieces of Børge Mogensen and Hans Wegner's "Home For the Future". Their vision of lightweight and functional furniture was acclaimed for its innovation, though the pieces did not go into production until 1963. The Spoke-back Sofa materializes Mogensen’s idea of a sofa with a reclining side and it was originally exhibited without back cushions.
Width: 63" - 85.9"
Seat Height: 15.7"
- Sunniva: 58% wool, 25% viscose, 8% linen, 5% polyamide, 4% polyester
- Remix: 90% wool, 10% polyamide
- Hallingdal: 70% wool, 30% viscose
- Black 88 Leather: classic full-grain semi-aniline leather with made from the best Scandinavian bull hides
- Mohair:100% mohair (pile), 100% cotton (base)
Made in Denmark.
Shipping: Delivered in 20–24 weeks.
Børge Mogensen and Hans J. Wegner first exhibited thier living room concept at "A Home for the Future" in 1945. Their designs presented a new vision for lightweight and functional furniture, with the Spoke-Back Sofa and 1788 Lounge Chair acclaimed for their innovation.