Self-managed and motivated.Lekker Home seeks an enthusiastic design-minded professional to join our team as a Buying Assistant - working directly with our lead Buyer in sourcing some of the best in contemporary design and mid-century modern furniture and decor. The Buying Assistant position is a full-time opportunity that will work closely with the entire Buying team. From managing day-to-day tasks to placing purchase orders with our domestic and international vendors. This position impacts many facets of our operation. Further, the Buying Assistant will work collaboratively with our Logistics, Sales and eCommerce Teams to ensure order accuracy and communication throughout the production process. Strong candidates have a minimum of 2+ years retail sales or buying experience. The position is based at our showroom in Boston’s South End.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Strong communication, organization, and follow-up skills.
- Enjoys problem solving and supporting decisions with facts and analysis.
- Appreciation for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design.
- Professional business appearance and manner.
- Hard working and punctual.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for entering and maintaining purchase orders for both Residential and Ecommerce channels. Ensure data is entered correctly and a steady flow of merchandise is maintained.
- Point person for communicating production updates and fielding questions to support the sales team.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with domestic and international vendors.
- Work closely with our Logistics Coordinator on routing purchase orders and resolving shipping issues to achieve both client and company satisfaction.
- Manage and resolve customer claims and product issues directly with vendors.
- Assist with sku maintenance and price changes for our retail and ecommerce channels.
- Familiarity with pulling sales reports and analyzing product trends.
- Keep individual, department, and company goals in mind when making decisions.
- Knowledge of an extensive product portfolio.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, and handle multiple tasks.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
- 2+ years of retail sales or buying experience, preferably in a furniture or luxury environment.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Benefits
- Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company contributions and more.
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes, we want to hear about it:
- Experience with selling custom furniture or made to order items.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Acumatica Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
How to Apply
Is this you? Send your résumé with a cover letter telling us why you're the ideal candidate and compensation expectations to email@example.com.