Lekker Home, Best of Boston Home Winner 2019 and one of the most innovative furniture + home décor retailers in the country, is building its team for continued success. Our team is a dynamic mix of personalities and skill sets, running two showroom’s in Boston’s South End. Enjoy the benefits of a larger company (Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits 401(k), Savings Accounts (HSA), Employee Assistance Program with the collaborative environment of a small business.
We are currently looking for a design-minded professional to join our team as a Showroom Manager. The position is a full-time opportunity designed to involve a hard working individual in many different facets of our design store and business. Strong candidates have a minimum of 5 years sales experience and 2 years in a management role. The position is based at our showroom in Boston’s South End.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Extroverted, enthusiastic - a people person.
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Enjoys problem solving and selling on the showroom face to face with customers.
- Appreciation for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design.
- Professional business appearance and manner.
- Hard working and punctual.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on your feet for duration of the work day.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Selling home décor products including upholstery, furniture, tabletop, bedding, lighting and accessories to residential, architect and design clients
- Understanding clients' requirements and proving accurate, timely quotations including all item specifications
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive product portfolio
- Managing and resolving customer service issues
- Training, motivating and managing on-the-floor sales team. Coaching and inspiring them to meet their sales goals.
- Managing incoming stock and inventory. Ordering and maintaining supply levels.
- Overseeing Web Order fulfillment and other daily operational tasks
- College degree or work experience equivalent.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in a furniture or luxury environment, 2+ years in a management role
- Ability to work at least 1 weekend day a week.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Strong base salary plus bonus availability
- Benefits include: access to Tufts Healthcare Plan, 401k, paid vacation and educational opportunities
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes, we want to hear about it:
- Experience with selling custom furniture or made to order items.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Lightspeed Point of Sale (POS) for MAC.
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
How to Apply
Is this you? Fill out the form below, or send your résumé with cover letter telling us why you're the ideal candidate and compensation expectations to email@example.com.