Lekker Home Best of Boston Winner
and recognized as one of the most innovative home décor retailers in the country by The New York Times
is building its team for continued success. Our Design for Living
portfolio has been featured by leading trend, design and cuisine publications such as Dwell, Elle Décor, Vogue, Martha Stewart, Food&Wine, and many others.
We are currently hiring Design Sales Associates who are responsible for sales and the servicing of our trade professional and household consumers. Our team members are sales driven and thrive in a fun, entrepreneurial, challenging design environment. We are looking to build our team with candidates who want to grow and become a part of our success story. The chosen candidate will be working with like-minded professionals who demonstrate the ability to self-manage and produce results.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Extroverted, enthusiastic - a people person.
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Enjoys problem solving.
- Passionate about selling on the showroom floor with customers face to face and over the phone.
- Appreciation for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design.
- Hard working and punctual.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor.
Design Sales Associate Responsibilities include:
- Acknowledging and welcoming all customers to the showroom
- Identifying and relating with customers.
- Understanding a customer's requirements through "active" listening.
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive product portfolio.
- Providing detailed quotes, swatches, catalogs, floor plans, etc. to support customers in their buying decisions
- Selling home décor products including upholstery, furniture, tabletop, bedding, lighting, accessories, etc.
- Manage and resolve customer service issues.
- Achieving established "team" sales goals.
- Organizing and managing inventory.
- Assisting with showroom merchandising including product display, ticketing, signage and window display.
- Assisting with packing and managing shipments.
- Maintaining accurate inventory including receiving and quarterly inventory.
- Assisting with showroom opening and closing procedure.
- Must be able to work at least one weekend day per week.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- College degree or work experience equivalent.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes, we want to hear about it:
- Architectural and/or Interior design experience.
- Experience with selling and managing Bridal Registries.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with LightSpeed Point of Sale (POS) for MAC.
- Retail sales experience, preferably in a furniture or luxury retail environment.
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
Important: This position is Full Time requiring work five (5) days per week. Candidates must have flexibility in their schedule to work at least one weekend day per week.
How to Apply: Send your résumé, confirmation of your work availability, hourly/annual wage expectations and a brief description of why you are the ideal candidate. Only résumés with this information will be considered.
We are conveniently located on Washington Street between East Berkeley and Waltham Street in Boston's South End. We are a half block away from the MBTA Silver Line's East Berkeley Street or Union Park Street stops. Directions can be found here.
Take The Tour. More information about Lekker Home can be found on our website LekkerHome.com and Facebook.