Lekker Home, Best of Boston Winner 2018 and recognized as one of the most innovative home décor retailers in the country by The New York Times, is an independent home décor retailer that provides a curated and accessible shopping experience to enhance your lifestyle. Our team is a dynamic mix of personalities and skill sets, from our Design Sales Associates in the Showroom to our Marketing Team in our Web Office. Enjoy the benefits of a larger company (Comprehensive Health Insurance, Retirement Benefits 401(k), Savings Accounts (HSA), Employee Assistance Program) with the collaborative environment of a small business.
We are currently looking for a design-minded professional to join our team as a Trade (A&D) Sales Associate. The position is a full-time opportunity designed to involve a hard working individual in many different facets of our design store and business. Strong candidates have a minimum of 2 years sales experience focused on servicing architect and design professionals and a passion for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design. The position is based at our showroom in Boston’s South End.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?:
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Extroverted, enthusiastic - a people person.
- Self-managed and motivated.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Enjoys problem solving and selling on the showroom face to face with customers.
- Appreciation for Contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design.
- Professional business appearance and manner.
- Hard working and punctual.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Ability to be on your feet for duration of the work day.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Selling home décor products including upholstery, furniture, tabletop, bedding, lighting and accessories to residential, architect and design clients
- Understanding clients' requirements and proving accurate, timely quotations including all item specifications
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive product portfolio
- Managing and resolving customer service issues
- Organizing and managing inbound logistics of custom furniture orders
- Providing weekly updates to all architecture and design clientele with open orders
- Assisting with packing and managing shipments.
- College degree or work experience equivalent.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
- 2+ years of trade related sales experience, preferably in a furniture or luxury environment.
- Ability to work at least 1 weekend day a week.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Strong base salary plus bonus availability
- Benefits include: access to Tufts Healthcare Plan, 401k, paid vacation and educational opportunities
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes, we want to hear about it:
- Experience with selling custom furniture or made to order items.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with Lightspeed Point of Sale (POS) for MAC.
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
How to Apply
Is this you? Send your résumé with cover letter telling us why you're the ideal candidate, your availability (Full or Part Time), hourly/annual compensation expectations to email@example.com