Lekker Home, Best of Boston Home Winner 2020 and recognized nationally as one of the most innovative contemporary furniture + home décor retailers, is building its team for continued success. We are looking for design-minded professionals to join our enthusiastic team. The Trade (A+D) Sales Associate position is a full-time opportunity working with some of the most celebrated design brands in the industry. He/She/They will be servicing Boston's and the country's most distinguished interior design and architectural firms.
The Trade (A+D) Sales Associate will think creatively about the use of space, color and texture. They will also be effective communicators with the ability to persuade in communicating a design idea that best meets our interior design customer's needs. A strong candidate will have a minimum of two years experience working with architectural and interior design professionals. The position is based out of our 10,000 square foot showroom in Boston's South End.
Do you possess the following skill sets or attributes?
- Passion for emerging, contemporary and Mid-Century Modern design
- Ability to make interior spaces functional and beautiful by determining space requirements and selecting furniture, decor, textiles, lighting, etc.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Extroverted, enthusiastic - a people person.
- Independent, self-managed and motivated.
- Strong verbal and written English skills.
- Enjoys problem solving and is comfortable providing design solutions with customers face-to-face, over the phone and via email.
- Professional business appearance and manner.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Comfortable with a mix of desk work and being on your feet around the showroom floor.
- Roll up your sleeves attitude.
- Sense of humor.
Responsibilities will include:
- Selling home décor products including upholstery, furniture, tabletop, bedding, lighting and accessories to interior design and architectural clients.
- Understanding clients' requirements and providing accurate, timely quotations including all item specifications.
- Learning and being able to communicate an extensive design portfolio.
- Providing 'Design Assistance' including floor plans, furniture selections and finish recommendations.
- Managing and resolving customer service issues
- Organizing and managing delivery logistics
- Providing weekly follow up on open orders
- Assisting with packing and managing shipments.
- College degree or work experience equivalent.
- Strong MAC skills and must be web savvy.
- 2+ years of professional work experience, preferably in interior design, furniture sales or luxury environment
- Ability to work Saturdays. Employee will work no more than 5 days per week.
- Must live within 45 minutes of downtown Boston.
- Must pass all security and background checks.
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Performance Bonus
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Benefits
- Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company contributions and more.
Not necessary but if you possess the following skill sets or attributes, we want to hear about it:
- Degree in interior design or related field
- Previous experience working in an interior design, architectural firm, design showroom
- Experience with selling custom furniture or made to order items.
- Familiarity with Interior Design Software; Adobe Creative Suite (i.e. Illustrator, etc.), SketchUp Pro, Revit, etc.
- We have a soft spot for Dutch but any additional languages to English are always of interest.
How to Apply
Is this you? Fill out the form below, or send your résumé with cover letter telling us why you're the ideal candidate and compensation expectations to email@example.com.